Choose your pace, progress to level 2 as soon as you have completed level 1.
Student Teachers will learn:
- Behaviour management skills
- How to break down exercises for teaching
- The importance of warm up and cool down
- Body language
- Managing class time
- Dance Safety, and much more.
Student Teachers will receive:
- a DanceStep Teacher badge
- a DanceStep workbook for each level
- Certificate on completion of each level
Limited Spaces Available!
*There is a registration fee of $90/Level
This fee covers all materials provided above plus all teacher mentoring sessions. Fee added to student accounts upon application approval.
● Build confidence and empowerment ● Develop leadership skills ● Opportunities for personal growth ● Learn to be responsible ● Gain ability to adapt to situations & think on your feet ● Supported work experience with concepts taught age appropriately ●
calling for students aged 10+ interested in becoming an assistant dance teacher!
Introducing, DanceStep or Dance Student Teacher Education Program! DanceStep, a 4 level Student Teacher Education Program, builds on this philosophy and provides a progressive and formalised process including both practical and theoretical components.
At Bom Funk Dance Studio we are very excited to announce we are now a registered affiliate studio and member of the DanceStep program. Offered in partnership with studio teachers, DanceStep empowers students to take care of others and guides them to be leaders and role models.
The program covers assistant teaching skills such as behaviour management, different learning needs and styles, Safe Dance Principles and Anatomy to name just a few. These concepts are broken down to be taught in a sequential and age appropriate way to children from 10 or 11 years of age. Whether students are considering a career in dance teaching or otherwise, the DanceStep program is a great preparation for many aspects of life.
With the inclusion of DanceStep at Bom Funk, our young dancers have a framework where they can contribute to the community in a positive way. Past students of the DanceStep program have experienced increased levels of confidence and have learnt patience, empathy, communication skills and how to take initiative in different situations.
As affiliate members of the DanceStep program, it is wonderful for us to be able to provide this opportunity for our dancers to flourish not only as young people, but to also watch them grow into competent and confident assistant teachers and student leaders.
Student Teachers will be required:
- to assist in at least one dance class per week (10-20hrs required to progress to the next level)
- to work through the components in the workbook
- to attend training sessions held once/term for approx 2hrs on a weekend
- to uphold the values of the Bom Funk and positively promote themselves and the studio at all times
- to attend and assist their class backstage during performances. Student teachers may or may not be asked to perform onstage with their class, pending whether the teacher deems it necessary
- to arrive to your scheduled class/es approx 15 minutes before commencement, in uniform & prepared with your workbook + anything else that may be needed depending on what stage of the program you are up to.
- to wear DanceStep/Bom Funk uniform & badge when assisting and present yourself professionally as you are now a role model to each class that you student teach in. This means correct uniform and footwear. When attending your regular classes you must remove your DanceStep uniform & badge.
Student teachers will be asked to do a range of activities depending on the level they are up to. This could be helping comfort or settle students, getting drink bottles, toilet runs, taking attendance, recording moments for social media, all the way to assisting with warm ups, small routines and explaining steps to allow students to gain knowledge in explaining how the body work. Students teachers will report to their supervisor teacher and Miss Kym if there is something they are concerned about, uncomfortable doing or need further explanation.
~All Student Teachers must start at Level One - older students are likely to progress quicker through the material.